Design Solutions for those with Special Needs
Making changes to your home so you or your loved one can continue to live in it is a growing trend. Many children with aging parents are turning to design specialists such as Home Designing Service, Ltd. to assist them in modifying their parent's exisiting home so that they can continue to age in the comfort of their own home. Even those with severe disabilities are realizing the prospect of remaining in the home they love simply by modifiying it. Design modification can range from simple DIY projects to extensive renovations.
To help you get started, here are a few remodeling ideas that can have an immediate impact for aging parents and those with disabilities.
- Install grab bars for toilets and bath tubs in the bathroom.
- Fasten down rugs or floor runners to help prevent tripping and falling.
- Install lever door handles instead of knobs
- Install more and brighter lighting
- Apply non-slip tape to indoor and outdoor steps that are not carpeted
Some more complex modifications may include:
- Install a walk-in bath tub or a tub seat
- Install a handicap accessible vanity
- Increase the width of doorways and hallways
- Install an elevator or chair lift
- Install new kitchen appliances that provide easier access
- Install kitchen cabinet wall lifts
- Install a closet system that features pull down rods
- Install exterior handicap accessible ramps
All of these design modifications and many others can be implemented in your home or the home of your loved ones. Our design professionals can help you make sure that these modifications are implemented properly thus giving you peace of mind that your loved ones are living in the safest possible environment.
Our design specialists can help you determine your needs through an in-home assessment.
Please contact us today to get started.
Aging in Place
The ability to live in one's own home - wherever that might be - for as long as confidently and comfortably possible.
Safety Product Suppliers
Manufacturer of acrylic walk in bathtubs.
Universal Design Products
Accessible kitchen and bathroom products from Granberg of Sweden.
ADA compliant grab bars, handrails, ramps, etc.
The listing of these products and services is for informational purposes and individuals must use their own caution and judgment when using these resources. Home Designing Service, Ltd. does not hold any liability or personal interest in any of these companies, products, or services.