What is NCBDC Certification ?
The NCBDC Accreditation Program certifies competency of professional building designers in ethics, procedures, architectural styling, structural engineering and construction principles, processes, materials and methods. Certification as a CPBD and the authorized use of the certification mark, assures consumers and other industry professionals that the person has met the critical requirements of a Certified Professional Building Designer.Benefits to Home Owners and Builders
The NCBDC Professional Certification Mark is your assurance that a dedicated professional is working to satisfy your needs, protect your investment and increase the resale value of your home.
The National Council of Building Designer Certification is committed to:
- Improving the ethical and quality standards of residential building design
- Assuring the public trust by nationally testing and accrediting professional building designers
- Adding value to every residential design project a Certified Professional Building Designer (CPBD) undertakes
Enjoy the benefits of a nationally recognized level of performance and the confidence of a safer investment.
- Defines relevant performance standards
- Develops specialized testing criteria
- Administers testing nationally
- Accredits professional building designers
- Certifies competancy findings
- Aides consumers, entrepreneurs and employers in making informed decisions about building industry design professionals